Hampshire Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People in Hampshire who want to meet up to watch Anime and read Manga and have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Look of the Forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kisho

The Look of the Forum Empty
PostSubject: The Look of the Forum   The Look of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 pm

So I've now had a chance to look at the forum in more detail, and I have to say: the green kind of hurts my eyes after a while. Is there any chance of it being changed to a more mild, visually pleasing colour?

The forum is also SLIGHTLY too wide for my resolution (1024x768), which is a little annoying. Can live with it sure if it's just me using a fail resolution (really, REALLY old TV/Monitor), or if it can't really be changed. I'm not exactly technically minded with this sort of thing. Very Happy

The colour thing though. Ow.
Back to top Go down
Halo Girl

Halo Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Look of the Forum   The Look of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:10 pm

I do agree with Kisho, when I first came on I was like, "WHAT????" As in I don't really like the colour scheme. For me personally it doesn't shout out Fun, rather, it shouts out Childish, which could be due to the rather bright green. As for myself I need to find a font colour that my eyes like... as this current one does hurt my eyes, on this background colour any ways. But that's for me to play around with. Thank god there's preview, so I won't have to annoy you with colour changes. ^^

And Kisho your Monitor sucks, the forum fits onto mine fine, with extra room at either side, and on my second monitor, it just about fits, with a tiny bit of space at either side spare. So I think that will have to be something you live with or get a better monitor? Steal one of a University when they throw them out?
Back to top Go down
Seasonreaper

Seasonreaper

PostSubject: Re: The Look of the Forum   The Look of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 pm

I don't mind it actually. The size is fine too.
Back to top Go down
Jeffercakes
Admin
Jeffercakes

PostSubject: Re: The Look of the Forum   The Look of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi guys, I can play around with the theme, only when I set up the site this was the most professional manga theme they had (as it is based aparantly on colours from bleach?), however I don't see it looking childish as eve says....seemed quite an unneccesary comment but meh. What colours would people like and I can try and find a theme that suits, however just a note that I am slightly colour blind so whites or bright colours as back grounds give me headaches and make me feel sick after a while....especially as I cannot afford the glasses I need.

As for the size Kisho, as far as I am aware that cannot be changed due to the website standard the page is coded in, I went for the middle option as the new one would be in a larger resolution again and the old one stops the use of many different features on the site. Sorry.....perhaps this site is a greater power telling you to get a new monitor.

Will play around with themes, however if none of them look right, at least for the moment until I have time to completely design the theme and not just the banner, it will have to stay. Gomen
Back to top Go down
https://hampshireanime.forumotion.com
Kisho

PostSubject: Re: The Look of the Forum   The Look of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:58 pm

This theme that you've got going on right now looks pretty good, a definite improvement over the last one.

And yeah, I guess I do need to get a new monitor. When I have the money to spare, it'll be one of the first things I buy. xD Right now it works fine for the necessities so it's not a priority. But ah well, no worries about it. I'm sure I'll live. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jeffercakes
Admin
Jeffercakes

PostSubject: Re: The Look of the Forum   The Look of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:25 pm

New banner doesnt quite fit with the background but i spose it will do until we have the banner competition. Hope everyone likes the new theme, I know I cant suit everyones tastes but at least Kisho seems happy. But I am not changing it every day, so keep your admin a happy admin without too many criticisms Very Happy If anyone wants anything else added to the website just let me know and I will look into the logistics of it.

Happy posting people
Jeffercakes
Back to top Go down
Halo Girl

Halo Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Look of the Forum   The Look of the Forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:08 pm

Sheesh Ben, you say don't just agree with someone, rather give a reason why. I did that (well tried to), and seems like you found my reasoning inappropriate. But that's why I did try to put the comparison between something looking child like and something being fun, which are not the say thing, though can be related to each other. I was merely saying what I felt... in future then I won't bother, if you don't like my reasons. I was only trying to give my opinion in the matter, as in most cases it's better if for people agree on something, rather than just one person saying. As then there is not much of an "argument" as to why (maybe) it should be changed.

And on that note, I do like this layout, looks far more professional to me, than the last one. Is that better? Plus for me the font colour works better on the background, but like I said, that was something for me to sort out anyways. Not that it matters now.

Back to top Go down
Jeffercakes
Admin
Jeffercakes

PostSubject: Re: The Look of the Forum   The Look of the Forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Issue solved by the awesome admin- topic locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Look of the Forum   The Look of the Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Look of the Forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hampshire Anime :: The Forum :: Requests and Suggestions-
Jump to: