Hampshire Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People in Hampshire who want to meet up to watch Anime and read Manga and have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffercakes
Admin
Jeffercakes

Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February Empty
PostSubject: Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February   Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Just to let you know the last lot of anime that you will be able to vote for this time round, obviously there will be further votes for short series as we go through the weeks. Certain short series also have the option of being long series if you prefer to watch them over other series

Week2
Long Series
Soul Eater – 51 episodes
Neon Genesis Evangelion – 26 episodes
Ghost in the Shell SAC 1 – 26 episodes
Black Lagoon – 24 episodes
Chrono Crusade – 24 episodes
Pitchi Pitchi Pitch – 52 episodes

Short Series
Zombie Loan – 13 episodes
Spice and Wolf – 13 episodes + 12 episodes if long series
Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maō – 12 episodes

If you wish to change any of these, please just comment

Forum High Master and Hentai Overfiend
Jeffercakes
Back to top Go down
https://hampshireanime.forumotion.com
Seasonreaper

Seasonreaper

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February   Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:20 am

My personal opinions and changes for next week's lineup. Feel free to take anything you want into account or ignore me, it's your showing night after all Razz.

Soul Eater – 51 episodes - I'd still say this is way too soon to rewatch it. Possibly swap for Monster or Space Pirate Captain Harlock?
Neon Genesis Evangelion – 26 episodes - keep, definitely
Ghost in the Shell SAC 1 – 26 episodes - keep, definitely
Black Lagoon – 24 episodes - keep, definitely
Chrono Crusade – 24 episodes - keep, definitely
Pitchi Pitchi Pitch – 52 episodes - DROP. Replace with Michiko to Hatchin, Gankutsuou, Macross Frontier or Noir.

Short Series
Zombie Loan – 13 episodes - switch for Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, Aria the Animation or Haibane Renmei. It really isn't that good, nor is it comparable to the manga.
Spice and Wolf – 13 episodes + 12 episodes if long series - keep, definitely.
Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maō – 12 episodes - switch for Gunslinger Girl
Back to top Go down
JackBlack

JackBlack

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February   Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:09 am

Agreed with Pierce that way too soon for Soul Eater or Black Lagoon

definately keep NGE and GITS

instead of Soul Eater - Nana,

DROP Pitchi pitchi

short series:
switch zombieloan for madoka magika

switch spice and wolf for school days

ichiban switch for gunslinger girl

Back to top Go down
Hatman

Hatman

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February   Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:20 am

Well done with the last session Ben, you did good! I was very impressed by most of the shows that were put up, and next week has a lot to live up to. It's mighty fine as it is, but I would personally suggest a few changes here and there just to create an anime night fit for Odin himself. It's hard to know what to say when after talking with Pierce he pretty much posted everything on my mind on the forum.

I would thoroughly recommend Captain Harlock if we can get hold of it as it is a creation of Leiji Matsumoto and is a good introduction to his work as it is in the same universe as his other work (Galaxy Express 999, Space Battleship Yamato etc). Monster is something I really want to see but at 70 or so episodes I don't know if it's a viable option. It is by the guy who wrote 20th century boys and pluto so if it could be done I'd be squealing like a fangirl on a sugar high.

With regards to Macross Frontier I think it would go down super well but with EVA and TTGL it may be a mech too far. It is phenomenally popular though and the only real concern with showing it is that we would probably drown in the saliva we'd produce watching it. Gankutsuou is a really good show, basically the count of monte cristo BUT IN SPACE. It has an unusual visual style but I am confident people would enjoy it.

As for short shows I would propose we keep Spice and Wolf but replace Zombie Loan with Madoka Magica and Ichiban with Gunslinger Girl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February   Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Meeting #2 - 23rd February
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hampshire Anime :: Hampshire Anime :: Meetings-
Jump to: