Hampshire Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People in Hampshire who want to meet up to watch Anime and read Manga and have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Groundhog Day Syndrome

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drahauk

Drahauk

Groundhog Day Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Groundhog Day Syndrome   Groundhog Day Syndrome Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:20 am

Sitting here contemplating the repeated day arc of Haruhi and suddenly wondering "What would I do if the day kept repeating itself?"

I know within the context of the series no one realises the day is repeating itself, but it's a good tie-in.

So I pose this question to you guys: What would you do if the day kept repeating

And I'm gonna add in a bonus, just because I'm nice: You know how exactly to stop the day from repeating itself
Back to top Go down
Seasonreaper

Seasonreaper

PostSubject: Re: Groundhog Day Syndrome   Groundhog Day Syndrome Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:47 am

Would we know what happened in previous recursions of the same day? Because if not, I'd just repeatedly watch Madoka Magica over and over again and it'd be like watching it for the first time every time.

Also, if we die in a recursion of the day, what happens? Are we reborn when the day repeats itself? If so, then I'd just do increasingly inventive and strange activities each time to see what the outcome would be.

If neither of these are true, then I don't even know. Would everything reset, or would it just count as the same period of time with different outcomes? Would things happening in a recursion begin to leak into others? Would activities done in one world continue on into the next or supplement any events happening in the other recursions? Too many questions and too much speculah to really decide on what should be done.
Back to top Go down
Drahauk

Drahauk

PostSubject: Re: Groundhog Day Syndrome   Groundhog Day Syndrome Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:58 am

Essentially think of it as this: you remember everything from each time the day repeats, you are the deciding factor in what happens during that day and you are immortal until the day finishes repeating. You can die within the time frame of that day, but when the day resets, so does your body.

Try to think of it as closely to Groundhog Day as possible and you hopefully won't go insane from too much speculation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Groundhog Day Syndrome   Groundhog Day Syndrome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Groundhog Day Syndrome
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hampshire Anime :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: