Hampshire Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People in Hampshire who want to meet up to watch Anime and read Manga and have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffercakes
Admin
Jeffercakes

Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night Empty
PostSubject: Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night   Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Again another snippit from those at gawker media

"Starting March 1, the Fuji-Q Highland theme park in Fujiyoshida, Japan will offer a hotel room based on the famed Gainax anime franchise Neon-Genesis Evangelion. For $450 a night, you can pretend you're a mecha pilot on vacation.

From Anime News Network:

The hotel room will feature an entry plug-shaped bed where guests can watch DVDs while lying on their backs. Guests can also wake up to a morning call exclusively recorded with the character Rei Ayanami's voice, and an interactive "voice touch panel" and telephone will emit comments in Rei's voice. Lines of dialogue and graphics will appear on the walls with the use of black light lamps, and there will be a statue of Rei as well as replicas of original Evangelion artwork and other features.

Good gravy, this means there just may be a market for my patent-pending Akira-based "Tetsuo loses his shit in a hospital room" theme suites! It will even have an animatronic milk-barfing toy car! Quick, give me all your venture capital!"

Head over to the I09 site for the pictures

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://hampshireanime.forumotion.com
Seasonreaper

Seasonreaper

PostSubject: Re: Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night   Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Rei this Rei that, so much REI. Whilst the entry plug bed is a pretty sweet idea, it'd be better if everything wasn't so Rei-centric. I'd be more likely to get up if I had Asuka shouting at me, for example, plus I totally want the option for Gendo voice clips.
Back to top Go down
Kisho

PostSubject: Re: Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night   Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:27 pm

I agree in that if it were Asuka instead of Rei, I'd totally be interested. Rei is cool and all, but a bit too creepy for my tastes when you think about who she actually is.

That said, if I had the opportunity to stay in this room as it is, I'd still do it. Would be so badass-awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Herns

PostSubject: Re: Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night   Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Seasonreaper wrote:
Rei this Rei that, so much REI. Whilst the entry plug bed is a pretty sweet idea, it'd be better if everything wasn't so Rei-centric. I'd be more likely to get up if I had Asuka shouting at me, for example, plus I totally want the option for Gendo voice clips.
I think I'm more likely to enjoy that than being woken up by Rei. Purely because it's closer to the authentic Shinji Ikari experience; being shouted at by Asuka near-constantly, having your shadowy dad lump monumental responsibility on you, and ultimately end up destroying the entirety of existence. If I don't come out of that hotel room feeling insignificant, worthless and frustrated, I won't have gotten my money's worth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night   Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stay in a Neon-Genesis Evangelion hotel room for $450 night
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hampshire Anime :: Anime, Manga and Asian Cinema :: Anime-
Jump to: