Hampshire Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People in Hampshire who want to meet up to watch Anime and read Manga and have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wednesday meeting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffercakes
Admin
Jeffercakes

Wednesday meeting Empty
PostSubject: Wednesday meeting   Wednesday meeting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Ok so I have put this off and put this off and have been waiting for people to comment but if this is going to go ahead then we need decicive action people! I need to know if people want a wednesday session, wether it should be every week or two weekly or once per month. What times people want it to run to, as it is outside uni it can run till midnight if people wanted it to! What anime people want to watch, wether you want it to be completely continuing series or if they want to vote each week to watch a few episodes of a new anime or a mix of both. I need this info because I want this to start in the next three weeks.

Forum High Master and Hentai Overfiend
Jeffercakes
Back to top Go down
https://hampshireanime.forumotion.com
Halo Girl

Halo Girl

Wednesday meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday meeting   Wednesday meeting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:30 pm

I put off saying anything, because I personally would not be there, as I have other responsibilities on a Wednesday evening, not that I particularly want my life filled up with WAMs, I do enjoy watching anime on my own too. (I'm watching out for your reaction now Ben :p) Anyway, if you are to put on these sessions, I think it would be a good chance to open up peoples minds to the different types of animes out there, and the best way to do that is to watch one or two episodes of them, then, maybe have a small discussion about whether you like it or not (as that's bound to happen) but it would leave the individual the chance to watch it in their own time, if they enjoyed it (Meaning they might use the anime library to get access to that anime).

But those are my thoughts, but as I said, I would not be joining you on Wednesdays.
Back to top Go down
Seasonreaper

Seasonreaper

Wednesday meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday meeting   Wednesday meeting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:58 pm

I must admit a sampling session would probably be a good idea, however if we just watched a couple of episodes of a few series every week then we'd probably end up with a massive amount of stuff on hold and not enough time to complete everything. I'd suggest doing a mix of stuff, such as showing a classic series as an ongoing project, getting recommendations from everyone at WAMS and selecting them at random each session to show off the first couple of episodes, and maybe show a sample of new shows from the most recent season to get people up to date with what's coming out.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Dr Prospero

Wednesday meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday meeting   Wednesday meeting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:35 pm

A lot would depend on what time it would start and finish, this is taking place at Ben's house yes? so we could have one or two ongoing series as well as one or two sets of first two episodes of new animes, with some discussion between each lot, if people could post how long they could make it for, it would be easier to decide what we do.
Back to top Go down
Halo Girl

Halo Girl

Wednesday meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday meeting   Wednesday meeting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Yeah, but i was just thinking sampling, because of, in case, we know of people who are interested, or kind of know what Anime is, but are too nervous to actually come to any of the other meetings, because it may seem daunting. So a meeting in a relaxed place, and where they get to sample new/classic animes is a good place to start, and to get to know people. Though if there are ongoing series', I would only keep it to one or two, otherwise it would be another thurday session just at someones house... which to me is a bit pointless, if are making it a WAMs meeting. I wouldn't have any objection if it was outside of the society, as you can do that whenever. I just think it'd be too much, to have another session like Thursday, let alone it being the day before.

Although I understand if you don't take on board my opinions as I won't be turning up, if it does go ahead. ^.^
Back to top Go down
KittyCat1234567

Wednesday meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday meeting   Wednesday meeting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Oky doky...i don't mind it being at The Geek House at all, probably around 6.30, 7ish to allow people time to make their way from university and stuff.

I like the idea of having a permanent classic series as an ongoing thing especially as some of them can be quite long! Then showing odd episodes of some series and having a general chat about what sort of animes people want to see etc. Sounds like a good idea, it doesn't have to be hardcore like on a Thursday but something someone can try before deciding whether they want to come to the overall society meetings as well as a get together for existing members.

Like Eve said, it would encourage people to use the library more and as it is slowly building this would be a good way to promote it as it is not officially part of the society.

It's just a good idea...Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wednesday meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday meeting   Wednesday meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wednesday meeting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hampshire Anime :: The Forum :: Requests and Suggestions-
Jump to: