Hampshire Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People in Hampshire who want to meet up to watch Anime and read Manga and have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions

Go down 
+2
Seasonreaper
Jeffercakes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffercakes
Admin
Jeffercakes

Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions   Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:39 am

Coming up to the new anime season for WAMS and we are once again deciding on what anime to show you lovely people. If you have any suggestions of appropriate anime that you think everyone will enjoy, please post below. We really need suggestions to be in before Monday to give us time to acquire it and decide wether it will compare to some of the other awesome anime out there. And no Hentai, if you even suggest hentai I will spam your email box with the forum rules. That is all.

Jeffercakes
Back to top Go down
https://hampshireanime.forumotion.com
Seasonreaper

Seasonreaper

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions   Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Ergo Proxy would be one thing I'd recommend. Tiff fell asleep but hey, everyone else at the viewing at your house seemed to enjoy it. It's 23 episodes long so it's not a bad length. Watched it a couple of years ago and it's still one of the most interesting things I've seen.

Another thing I'd recommend from this season which will be fully out by the time we get round to watching it is Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. I've been watching it as it comes out and I'd say it's actually one of the best things I've ever seen. Whilst it may be about magical girls, it's directed by Urobuchi Gen, famous for making dark and occationally depressing stories, combined with the artwork of Aoki Ume, pretty well known for having super-cutesy art styles. Combine those two with an interesting story which deviates from the normal genericness of magical girl shows and adds in serious themes and created by SHAFT and you have one hell of an interesting show which is far, far better than it has any right to be. 12 episodes long though, and we seem to have a lot of those. I would HIGHLY recommend it though.

Synopses:

Madoka Magica - Beloved family, good friends, laughter and tears - these things make up the ordinary life of Kaname Madoka, a second grade student of Mitakihara City Middle School. One night, Madoka dreams of a mysterious dark haired girl struggling against a terrible evil; the next morning she discovers that the girl, Akemi Homura, has transferred into her class. This encounter will lead to an incident which will alter Madoka's fate forever.
Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions 27675

Ergo Proxy - The world is bigger than you think...

After the explosion of the methane hydrate layer, the remaining members of mankind are forced to live in isolated domed cities scattered across the arid and inhospitable planet. They live in a controlled society and are assisted in daily life by autonomous robots called AutoReivs. In one of these cities, Romdo, Inspector Re-l Mayer, granddaughter of the regent, leads an investigation concerning AutoReivs that have gone mad after being infected by the Cogito virus. In the process, she comes in contact with a monster called Proxy. Elsewhere in the city, immigrant Vincent Law is on the run after being framed for involvement in several Cogito cases. Together, along with the adorable child-AutoReiv Pino, they set out on a journey to the dome city Moscow in order to unravel the mystery of the Proxies.
Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions 6259

Last edited by Seasonreaper on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Prospero

PostSubject: Anime Suggestion: Noir   Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Below is a link to an anime i think we would enjoy, i took the liberty in placing the synopsis from the page below:

Mireille Bouquet is a professional assassin, and a very good one at that. But when she follows up an e-mail from a young Japanese girl named Yumura Kirika, inviting her to take "a pilgrimage to the past", her life becomes even more dangerous than it already is. Now, with a haunting melody invoking the memory of an event long past, Mireille and Kirika decide to work together to find the truth about a thousand year old organization that has controlled both of their lives since before they were born. And the only clue in their search, the only thing Kirika remembers about herself, becomes their working codename: a name designating an ancient fate, of two maidens who reign over death--Noir.

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/noir-english-dubbed-online-free

Let me know what you think

Dr Prospero
Back to top Go down
Drahauk

Drahauk

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions   Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 pm

One thing I can think of to suggest that not many people would've seen is Witchblade (Not in any way related to Queen's Blade mind), which handily enough I have the entire series of which comes to 24 episodes, so we won't have to worry about downloading it (hopefully)

Synopsis:

Masane Amaha and her daughter Rihoko are on the run from a government child welfare agency that wants to take Rihoko away from her mother. They are caught and Rihoko is taken away. Meanwhile, Masane is attacked by an advanced weapon that can disguise itself as a human being. When faced with the danger, a strange light emits from her wrist and she transforms into a powerful being. She destroys the weapon and consequently becomes involved in a power struggle between powerful organizations, with her at the center of their attention. Because she holds the greatest power of them all, the legendary Witchblade.
Back to top Go down
Manga_Mistress

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions   Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:43 pm

I suggest:

Pandora Hearts - 25 episodes and its really good, its got stuff that most of the members will like such as good fight scenes, Drama, freaky stuff, awesome characters, most of whom mimick characters from Kuroshitsuji but once you get past there similiarities they are awesome. I watched it a little while ago and I really like it the only problem with it is that it ends a bit abruptly and is anticlimatic but its still a really good watch!

Tears to Tiara - 26 episodes, I havent got round to watching it yet but it sounds interesting. Heres the description!
Set in a fictitious land during a medieval-like era of magic and fantasy, Tears to Tiara unfolds with the Divine Empire’s rise to power as it conquers and rules lands far and wide. On the island of Erin, still ruled by the Ancient Kingdom, the Goidelic people are attempting to sacrifice priestess Riannon to revive protagonist and demon king Arawn to lead the resistance against the Empire. Although the ritual fails and Riannon survives, the seal imprisoning the demon king is broken and Arawn is resurrected. Armed with mysterious and devastating powers and a human’s demeanour, Arawn joins Riannon, her brother and battalion commander, Arthur, as well as their team of fighters comprising a swordsman, an archer and a quintet of magical pixies, in the epic struggle against the Divine Empire.

Wolfs Rain - 26 episodes, I've only watched the first couple of episodes but I would really like to watch the rest. I know it makes Tiff really sad but its different, has interesting characters and an interesting plot and I think its really worth watching.

Princess Tutu - its listed as having 38 episodes but as the second half of these are only 15 min episodes (they put a break in the middle of the episodes so they where listed as seperate episodes) its really only 26 episodes. I watched it recently and its really good. It sounds girly and I must admit that I am a girl but I do think that alot of the guys will like it too because it does get quite dark and it is really deep (it makes you think about it). Its fairy tale style makes it different and magical and all of the characters have good development. I dont often want to watch Animes again so soon after watching it the first time but I would definatley watch this over again!
Back to top Go down
KittyCat1234567

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions   Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:44 pm

I have to admit, Pandora Heart and Ergo Proxy look like awesome animes and I'd be happy if they were put up as well. I'm not going to be there on Thursday to decide Sad so vote in some awesome animes guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions   Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thursday Meeting #1 Voting Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hampshire Anime :: The Forum :: Requests and Suggestions-
Jump to: