Hampshire Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People in Hampshire who want to meet up to watch Anime and read Manga and have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr Prospero

2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade Empty
PostSubject: 2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade   2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Heya all, i thought it would be a good idea to have seperate discussions about the new anime we are watching so here goes,

Witchblade, what do people think?
Back to top Go down
Seasonreaper

Seasonreaper

PostSubject: Re: 2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade   2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:03 am

Hmm, it's an interesting one. The plot there is generally quite interesting, although there doesn't seem to be that much of a focus on it as of yet. There is a little too much fanservice as well, although it's still tame compared to many things I've either seen or know of. The opening song is pretty awesome too, even if it does have unnatural amounts of BLADE. I'd have to say that it's probably my least favourite thing this semester, although Hayate tends to waver between being better and worse than Witchblade depending on what it feels like doing.
Back to top Go down
Hatman

Hatman

PostSubject: Re: 2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade   2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:47 am

Witchblade... BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS

Sorry about that, it's just all I can see when I watch that show. I could be unbelieveably pretentious and go on about how it has a distinctly western aura but considering its origins it's pretty darn obvious. I agree with Seasonreaper in that it could do with less fanservice as it seems to get in the way of what is a genuinely interesting setting. Also I don't know if people will agree with me on this, but the everyday life of Rihoko-chan and the weird apartment people drags on a bit. It works as a slice of life, but just when I relax and settle into it suddenly OH NOES A KILLER MICROWAVE KILL KILL KILL.

I quite like most of the characters and I want to watch them but they never really seem to do anything that interesting... Perhaps the genre clash causes it to mess up at both its goals.

...Also is it me or does the perverted old dude look like Stan Lee?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade   2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010/11 Semester 2 Anime: Witchblade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hampshire Anime :: Anime, Manga and Asian Cinema :: Anime-
Jump to: